Are you a gamer looking for the best gaming earbuds that will work with your gaming system and gaming style? Do you know exactly what to look for in a product of this type? If not, we have you covered. We have reviews of several of the most popular and hottest-selling gaming earbuds on the market today, and highlighted the pros and cons associated with each model. We have also included a Gaming Earbud Buying Guide, in which we will explain, in detail, some of the factors and characteristics you should consider when it’s time to shop for your next set of earbuds.
Best Gaming Earbuds – Our Top Reviews
1. AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone
- Very versatile. The AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone can be paired with all your electronic devices, including desktops, laptops, phones, tablets E-readers and more.
- Comfortable. These headphones are known for their comfort—wear them for an hour or throughout the day and you will see what we mean.
- Multi-functional. The AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone have a number of functions, including the ability to answer and end calls, pause and play games and music, and more.
- Many imposters out there. There are many knock-off AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone out there, so beware of these imposters and only purchase from a recognized AOKII dealer.
If resonant bass notes are important to you in a headphone product you are going to love the AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones. These earbuds feature a one-of-a-kind high-performance driver that truly delivers the best bass notes in your favorite games or musical tracks. This same driver also does a great job in augmenting the mid and high notes for a sound that is crystal clear and ultra-crisp and without the distortion found with other similar models in this class.
The chic, on-the-go design of the AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone promises a great ergonomic fit that is comfortable to wear for several hours of the day. In fact, often times you will even forget you are wearing these technologically-advanced earbuds—that is how comfortable they truly are. Guaranteed not to pop out of your ears during fast and wild play sessions, these headphones can also be used for a variety of other activities, including jogging, working out, cycling, or just working around the house.
All AOKII Wired Earbuds Earphones with Microphone are not only compatible with your PC and Apple desktops and laptops, they can also be paired with a wide variety of iPhone and Android devices for listening to your favorite MP3 and MP4 tracks. With their multi-functional controls, which include the ability to answer and end calls, pause, play and speak, the earbuds are incredibly user-friendly. They come with a tangle-free cord that never bunches or twists; and with the company’s excellent customer service agents just a phone call or web chat away, you will never have to worry about customer support should you ever have any issues with your new purchase.
2. Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Headset
- Tangle-free. Due to the way the cord is braided during the manufacturing process, the Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset will never tangle—a definite plus when playing fast-paced games or when moving about your computer.
- Exceptional frequency response. The frequency response on the Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset is exceptional for both high notes and a terrific sounding bass quality.
- Sound could be cleaner. According to some users, most of whom are downgrading from very top-of-the-line headphones and have sensitive ears, the sound with the Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset could be a bit cleaner and clearer.
The Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset is another pair of wired headphones that are absolutely perfect for gamers. This version of the company’s headphones has a three-button in-line remote for easy use and a built-in microphone that makes the earbuds ideal for first-person shooter games and allows the user to control the volume at just the touch of a button.
The Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset boasts an ear-hugging slanted enclosure design that uses an 18-Ohm impedance transducer that is designed and ready for a greater frequency response and allows for the best in crystal clear clarity and resonant low tones that have to be heard to fully appreciate. The cord on these great wired headphones measures 1.2 meters in length for great freedom of movement around the PC, and they feature an elliptically-shaped cable with a 3.5 millimeter right-angled connector.
Those who purchase the Sennheiser CX 5.00G Black In-Ear Canal Headset will not only receive the cord, earpads and cable; they will also get a free and very handy carrying case—a case that is available in a number of vivid colors to match your style. The headphones or earbuds come with a great two-year warranty, but only when the product is purchased from an authorized Sennheiser dealer.
3. Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones
- Ergonomic. Having the word “ErgoFit” in the name is enough for anyone to believe that these earbuds are ergonomic, and the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones certainly deliver in this category.
- Built-in microphone. The integrated microphone and call controller on these headphones will ensure you never miss a minute of the action—or another call.
- Many color options. Style is important to gamers, and since the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones come in nine bright, vivid colors, there is always a product to match every gamer.
- Wired. Because the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones are “wired” earbuds, they do not allow for as much freedom of movement as some of the wireless alternatives.
Also made for athletes, the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones are absolutely perfect for the active gamer, especially those who like to move about the room as they play. These wired in-ear headphones are designed to stay put and are manufactured intelligently to keep the ambient noises out. All of the Panasonic earbuds come with three sets of ear pads measuring small, medium and large, respectively, ensuring that every consumer can get just the right fit for their ear size.
Also cool with regard to the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones are the integrated microphone and call controller. Purchasers can use these earbuds on all of their favorite devices, including iPhones and Android models, and can be assured that they will never miss a call. The microphone is perfect for those playing first-person shooter games, enabling players to communicate with each other in real time for best results.
Designed ergonomically, the Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones promise to give you the best fit you have ever experienced with an ear bud product. The super-soft design of the ear pads allows these ear buds to instantly conform to the size of your inner ear, blocking out all outside noise and delivering crystal clear sound over your PC and other devices.
The Panasonic ErgoFit Earbud Headphones come equipped with “tonally balanced” audio that delivers very crisp and clean highs and resonating low notes, along with a greater frequency response and vivid sound quality when listening to recorded audio. The long and very flexible 3.6 foot cord is perfect for PC gamers; and since the earbuds are available in nine striking colors, you are sure to find just the right one to match your style.
Gaming Earbuds Buying Guide
When shopping for the best gaming earbuds—the earbuds that match your preferences and system requirements—there are several factors you will need to consider. To help you make the most educated purchasing decision with regard to these items, below we have covered some of these considerations.
Gaming earbuds are available in two different types: the standard earbuds and in-ear monitors, also known as IEM. Below we will briefly describe each of these types.
If you have ever used standard earbuds with your phone or other electronic device, you already know that these types of listening devices do not typically come with any padding or cushions. Earbuds are also not very steady in the ear, and can thus fall out if you are moving about very rapidly. Some earbuds do come with wings that loop over the ear, but unless those loops match the size of your ear, they can still be fairly unsteady. An alternative to earbuds are gaming headphones that sit n or over the ear.
In-ear monitors not only offer a better fit than traditional earbuds, but also a better sound quality. This is mostly due to the way they encompass the ear and thus block out any ambient noises. In-ear monitors will stay in place during wild gaming sessions, while standard earbuds may not. For all of these reasons, we suggest you search for in-ear monitors and steer clear of the cheaper (for a reason) standard earbuds.
This is one area in which you never want to skimp. Make sure you select a gaming earbud that produces booming low notes and crisp mid and high ranges. Look at labels and select the product with the highest frequency response and you will not be sorry.
All earbud products will allow you to hear your games and music (some better than others), but the better products out there also come with a multitude of different functions, including microphones, the ability to answer and end calls, and a feature that allows them not only to speak and play music, but also to pause recorded audio.
If you are going to buy a wired set of earbuds—rather than a wireless product—be sure to look for one with a long cord to allow for the best when it comes to freedom of movement. Also, be sure the cord is “tangle free” to avoid bunching and twisting of the cord.
Finally, while almost all earbuds are available in the standard black and even white colors, if you truly want to match your personal style you can opt to go with one of the many products out there that are available in a number of different lively colors.
The above options and buying guide should give you a flavor of what to look for when searcing for the best gaming earbuds.