Are you searching for the best home cinema seats for your home theater? If so, you have come to the right place. Here we will review several of the most popular and hottest-selling home cinema seats on the market today, and highlight some of the pros and cons associated with each type of seating. We have also put together a Home Cinema Seating Buying Guide, in which we will discuss some of the factors and features you will need to consider when purchasing these types of chairs, sectionals and loveseats.
Home Theater Seating Reviews
1. Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating
- Powered headrest. The powered headrest on the Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating is a great feature for those who have problems finding their most comfortable position.
- Memory function. Want to find that perfectly comfortable position from the last time you used your home cinema seats? No problem. These recliners have a memory function.
- Lots of extras. The Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating has all the bells and whistles you could possibly want in a home cinema seating arrangement.
- Premium priced. As you might expect given all the features and functions it possesses, the Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating is probably not for the budget conscious consumer.
For long-lasting comfort it is difficult to beat the Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating. The chairs are made from the finest materials, including hand-selected and genuine top-grain leather from the top 30 percent quality of hides. The chair also features a powered recline function for the ultimate in comfort, an adjustable powered headrest, and a memory function that helps you find—and keep—your most comfortable seated position.
Perfect for any home theater, the chair includes two cup holders; both USB and AC charging ports for charging your favorite electronic devices; and LED lighting that eliminates the need to turn on the overhead lights in order to find your chair. The recliner also features a fold-down table, hidden in-arm storage compartments with even more cup holders, and two swivel tray tables.
The Seatcraft Republic Leather Home Theater Seating is so beautiful and functional that it will match any home décor and instantly be the focal point of any room.
2. Octane Seating Blaze XL900 Home Theater Sectional
- Power recline function. The power recline function permits you to move slowly and easily into your most comfortable seated position.
- Wall-saver design. The wall-saver design allows you to place this chair up against a wall without worrying that reclining the chair will damage the walls.
- Genuine leather. Made from top-grain leather, the Octane Seating Blaze XL900 Home Theater Sectional is as durable as it is comfortable.
- Very long. The curved row of four seats that make up the Octane Seating Blaze XL900 Home Theater Sectional is very long and thus might not be ideal in smaller rooms.
The Octane Seating Blaze XL900 Home Theater Sectional is made from 100-percent top-grain leather, providing quality you can actually feel, durability, and the best in comfort. The chairs feature a power recline function that allows you to recline effortlessly into your favorite position for the ideal viewing angle when watching TV and movies. The stainless-steel dock found in the armrests of each piece holds the full range of Octane Seating accessories, including things like tray tables, lights, and even specialized wine glass holders.
The Octane Seating Blaze XL900 Home Theater Sectional features a uniquely cushioned bucket style seat that extends out with a chaise style foot rest. The interior seat cushion is built with a pocketed coil system, with mattress-like coils that support your weight under high-density foam and fiber, delivering the ultimate level of seating comfort. Moreover, the seat back is divided into two perpendicular panels that each provide exceptional levels of luxurious support for your back.
3. Giantex Manual Recliner Chair
- Genuine leather. Covered with genuine leather, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair will last for years when cared for properly and provide hours upon hours of lasting comfort.
- Smooth footrest extension. Instead of the jerking motion found on the footrests of most chairs, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair has a very smoothly extending footrest.
- Basic. Unlike some of the other chairs on our list, the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair is very basic, with just a fraction of the bells and whistles found on other home cinema seats.
The Giantex Manual Recliner Chair is the perfect addition to any home theater, a thickly-padded chair made of high-density foam to provide the best in support and comfort. The foam on this chair is supported by a heavy-duty steel mechanism and covered with comfortable black leather. The recliner features a sewn-in seat and decoratively-stitched back cushions that blend in easily with any home decor.
The clean arm design of this push back recliner lends itself to a truly modern and contemporary look; and with a durable construction and stylish finish, it effortlessly combines fashion with function.
The padded footrest on the Giantex Manual Recliner Chair extends slowly and smoothly at just the push of a button, as does the recline feature that allows you to position the chair in your most comfortable position. The recliner arrives in just a few pieces that are very easy to assemble, and includes all the hardware needed for assembly and a handy instruction manual that tells you exactly how you can use your new chair.
Home Cinema Seating Buying Guide
When shopping for home cinema seats there are several factors and features to consider. To help you select just the right seating option for your home theater or man cave entertainment center, below we have briefly covered some of these considerations.
The Number of Seats
You have a lot of choice when it comes to the number of seats that you require in your home theater. If you want to maximise the number of seats for your space, choose seats that do not come with consoles for storage in between them. If you looking for maximum comfort and storage space, choose seating with a console.
Placement and Space
Where you plan to locate your new cinema seating is a major factor you must consider. For example, if you intend to place this seating in the middle of a room, or at least 6 inches or so from any wall, you can probably get away with the standard recliner. In the standard recliner, the seat remains stationary as the back of the chair reclines. This means you must have ample space between the back of the chair and the nearest wall behind it.
On the flip side, if you want your recliner or recliners to be placed flush against the wall, you will definitely want to get a “wall-hugger” cinema seat. With the “wall-hugger” cinema seat, the seat moves down and forward when reclining, which allows the back portion of the chair to move into the recline position. These chairs save on space and are just as comfortable and relaxing as the standard recliner varieties.
The materials from which the upholstery of a home cinema seat is made can vary greatly. Whether you prefer natural leather, cloth, or an easy to clean vinyl surface, chances are there is a cinema seating option that is perfect you. However, the “materials” factor is not just limited to the outside of the chair, but also to the type of foam that is used to build it.
Lower end chairs tend to be made with very cheap foam. And while this foam may seem comfortable enough at first, over time it tends to disintegrate and fall apart, causing your chair to sag and lose its shape. Therefore, be sure to shop around for cinema seating that is stuffed with very high density foam. High density foam has fewer air pockets and thus tends to hold its shape much longer than its low-quality counterpart.
If you are like most people, you probably intend to spend many hours enjoying your new home cinema seating. Because of this, it is important that you select a chair that offers a lot of support in the lumbar region of your back /spine. Back problems are very common for those who sit regularly in poorly made chairs, so be sure the chair you select has a lot of lumbar support right where you need it most.
Another consideration when buying home cinema seating is storage. Most—but not all—cinema seats on the market today have storage options, either in the center or in the armrests of the individual seats. Chairs with storage allow you to remove and safely hide away some of the clutter, such as remotes, other electronic devices, magazines, etc.
Food, Beverage & Technology (Bells & Whistles)
Last but not least, let’s talk about some of the bells and whistles with which some of the best home cinema seats are equipped. These days you have a number of choices with your home cinema seating, including food and beverage holders, exterior lighting that makes the chairs easier to find in a darkly-lit room, usb ports for phones and divces, massage features and more. We recommend you make a list of all the features that are important to you, and then compare some of the available chairs that have these extras with your overall spending budget.