If there is only one certainty in this world it is this: No man cave is ever complete without a home bar setup. And if you have a home bar, you might as well surround it with some high-quality bar stools—bar stools that are specifically designed to match the theme and décor of your man cave. To ensure you get the very best bar stools for your man cave, below we have reviewed several of the most popular and eye-catching bar stools currently on the market, and highlighted the pros and cons associated with each product. We have also put together a Bar Stool Buyer’s Guide, in which we will spell out some of the factors, features and characteristics you should consider when purchasing your next set of well-made, attractive bar stools.
Best Bar Stool Reviews
1. Boraam 49829 Augusta Bar-Height Swivel Stool
- Very comfortable. The ergonomic design of the Boraam 49829 Augusta Bar-Height Swivel Stool makes them very comfortable.
- Durable. Made from a very durable hardwood, these chairs will last you a lifetime when used correctly.
- Appealing. The classic lines of this stool make it very appealing. And it comes in multiple design & Color choices.
- Faux leather. There is no genuine leather on these chairs.
- Moving parts. The moving parts on the Boraam 49829 Augusta Bar-Height Swivel Stool means it will have to be readjusted over time.
The Boraam 49829 Augusta Bar-Height Swivel Stool features a hardwood construction that is built for everyday use and black faux leather covering over soft foam that is both soft and cool to the touch. Don’t want black? No problem. There are multiple color options to choose from.
The 360 degree swivel on these chairs is made possible by the durable-ball bearing system; and the flared legs and footrest provide both comfort and stability. With a classic and very attractive design these bar stools will look great in your man cave; and the 90-day warranty means there is no risk.
2.Winsome 20089 Satori Stool
- Very sturdy. The wide, sturdy legs and saddle-style seat makes the Winsome 20089 Satori Stool very sturdy.
- Two sizes available. The stool can either be purchased in the countertop or bar height.
- Multiple color options. Matte black, shiny black and walnut finishes available.
- No back. Because this stool has no back it could be uncomfortable after long periods of sitting.
- No swivel. If you like a bar stool that swivels, the Winsome 20089 Satori Stool is not for you.
With a saddle seat that offers an economical yet stylish seating option, the Winsome 20089 Satori Stool is the perfect bar stool for your man cave. Very durable, the stool is crafted out of solid beech wood; and buyers get a choice of either a matte black, shiny black or walnut finish.
The stools are very roomy indeed thanks to the wide contoured top and sturdy legs, all of which is finished in a sophisticated black stain. All of these stools ship easily and come ready to assemble with only a few tools required.
3. GIA M01-24 BLACK Black 24″ Metal Stool
- Reinforced. With reinforced legs and cross braces under the seats the GIA M01-24BLACK Black 24″ Metal Stool is one of the strongest bar stools out there.
- Scratch resistant. All of these stools are coated with a scratch resistant finish.
- Stackable. The stackable, lightweight design makes these stools very easy to store.
- Only one height available. Because there is only one height available, the GIA M01-24BLACK Black 24″ Metal Stool may not meet the requirements for your specific home bar setup.
Extremely versatile, the GIA M01-24BLACK Black 24″ Metal Stool is elegant enough to be used in a kitchen, strong enough to be used in industrial shops, and durable enough to be used in game rooms, dorms, bars, and, of course, your man cave. These stools are also very easy to transport and store thanks to their lightweight, stackable design; and with their simple, yet sophisticated design they are sure to be the talk of all your guests.
The stool is very strong, with a weight capacity of 300 pounds. They are made from high-tensile steel and utilize cross braces under each seat for added stability to the stool. Additionally, the structural ribs pressed within the legs of these stools go a long way towards increasing their rigidity.
Bar Stool Buying Guide
When you’re in the market for new bar stools for your man cave there are several features and factors you should consider. Understanding these considerations can help you make a more educated purchasing decision when the time comes to buy. To help you with this, here we have highlighted and explained some of these aspects.
Why Do You Need Barstools for Your Man Cave?
If you have a top-of-the-line man cave, chances are you have already installed a home bar in that cave to entertain your guests. And if you have, you should definitely think about purchasing bar stools to complement your home bar. High-quality bar stools not only give your guests a place to sit as they are gathered around your home bar, they also add a measure of style and sophistication to your man cave. Bar stools come in a variety of types of styles, and because of that it is usually easy to find just the right stools to match your man cave theme and décor.
The Advantages of Bar Stools over Standard Chairs
Bar stools offer a number of advantages over standard chairs. Some of these advantages include:
- Bar stools are lightweight. Standard arm chairs and recliners can weigh up to 150 pounds or more. At that weight, trying to move them about your man cave can be a real chore. Bar stools, on the other hand, are much more lightweight and thus easy to move when you decide to mix up the design of your man cave.
- Bar stools take up less room. A chair in your man cave can take up a lot of space, and if your man cave is on the smaller side you may only be able to fit one or two chairs within that space. With bar stools, however, you can fit a whole lot more, which offers much more seating in your man cave. By adding four to six bar stools to your man cave you can accommodate more guests and share this space with all your friends instead of just a select few.
- Bar stools can make a room. A man cave is like having a neighborhood pub right in your own home, a place where you can relax, watch the game and chill out with friends. And no pub is complete without a good set of bar stools. Simply put, with some high-quality barstools your man cave will quickly become the place that everyone wants to go to—and a place you will never want to leave.
Things to Consider When Purchasing a Bar Stool
Here are just a few things you should consider when purchasing a bar stool—things that will help you find just the right bar stools for your particular needs:
How tall do you need your bar stools to be? Well, if you have a home bar setup, this will depend largely on the height of the bar itself. According to furniture experts, there are three different standard heights when it comes to bar stools: the short, table height bar stool, which measures between 16 inches and 23 inches from the floor; the counter height bar stool, which measures between 24 inches and 27 inches in height; and the bar height bar stool, which can range from 28 inches high to 33 inches in height.
Another thing to remember when choosing a bar stool of the correct height is this: between the countertop on your home bar and the seat of the bar stool there should be a 9 inch to 12 inch gap—a gap that allows the user’s legs to fit comfortably underneath the countertop. Taller or heavier guests may require an even larger gap.
Once you determine the height of your home bar setup and the countertop/bar stool seat gap you will need, purchasing the correct bar stools for your man cave will be a breeze.
Bar stools can be made from a variety of materials. There are barstools that are made completely of wood, metal bar stools, composite bar stools, barstools with fabric on the seat and the back, and barstools that use mixed materials. That being said, the exact material you choose for your new bar stools is really a matter of preference and style. If your man cave has a woodsy feel to it, you might want to opt for a wooden and more rustic-style bar stool; however, if you are looking for a more modern look there are hundreds of sleek bar stools on the market today that can really complement the style and look of your man cave.
The style you select for your bar stools is also a matter of preference; however, you should definitely consider the style and décor of your man cave before making any final decisions. Some of the styles that are currently available include the aforementioned rustic-style barstools, which are usually made entirely of wood and look as if they belong in a cabin. Other styles you can choose from depending on your tastes include vintage bar stools, those that mirror those of an older time, Victorian, New-Age, Bauhaus, Vanguard, Classic and more. Be sure to check into all of these styles before making a final purchase.
Back vs. No Back
Bar stools can either come with a back or no back. Moreover, if you choose a barstool that has a back you will find that the heights of those backs vary from one bar stool to the next. Bar stools without a back tend to be a bit more inexpensive, but if you and your guests plan to sit on these stools for hours on end watching the game they may become quite uncomfortable. For that reason, we recommend you select a high-back bar stool that matches the style and theme of your man cave.
Swivel vs. No Swivel
Last but not least, bar stools can either be stationary or come with hardware that allows them to swivel. Again, this is a matter of preference. While swivel chairs tend to be more versatile, non-swivel chairs have fewer moving parts and thus tend to last longer than their swiveling counterparts.
The above guide and bar stool reviews should provide you with the information you need to buy the best bar stools for your man cave or home. Let us know what you think in the comments below.