Are you looking for the perfect gaming chair to match your style of play and personal preferences? Do you know what to look for when searching for the best gaming chair for adults? If not, the following information will prove very useful. Here we have reviewed several of the most popular and highly-rated gaming chairs on the market today, and highlighted the pros and cons associated with each chair. We have also compiled a Gaming Chair Buying Guide, in which we will discuss some of the factors, features, and characteristics you should consider when making a purchase of this type.
Adult Gaming Chair Reviews
1. Vitesse High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair
- Muted wheels. With its muted wheels, you can easily and quietly roll the Vitesse High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair into any position.
- Head and back support. The headrest and lumbar support features are a great addition.
- Not very breathable. If you tend to run hot during your gaming sessions, the all-leather Vitesse High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair may not be for you.
With its large spacious seat and back, the Vitesse High Back Racing Style Gaming Chair will allow for hours of comfortable gaming. The chair features a 360-degree swivel rotation to go along with the muted wheels, and a class-3 explosion-proof gas lift that allows you to quickly adjust the seat height. The sturdy duty base is equipped with smooth-rolling casters, enabling you to move from place to place with ease. The lock tilt function is also very handy, allowing you to recline to the most comfortable position. The chair is made from premium leather over the softest sponge material; and a head rest and lumbar support are also included.
2. Homail Ergonomic Leather Gaming Chair
- Attractive. For the budget-friendly price, the Homail Ergonomic Leather Gaming Chair is one of the most attractive chairs on the market.
- Safe casters. The high-quality casters on this gaming chair can roll safely on any surface, including hardwood floors.
- Poor stitching. Some reviewers have complained about early tearing and ripping at the seams of the Homail Ergonomic Leather Gaming Chair.
The very comfortable Homail Ergonomic Leather Gaming Chair features a 360-degree swivel function and multi-directional wheels that roll smoothly over every floor type. The lumbar support not only supports your back when sitting in this chair, it also tilts so you can stretch when sitting for long periods of time. The entire chair can be rocked back and forth; and the chair features a high load capacity of up to 300 pounds.
3. Best Massage Ergonomic Mid-Back Task Chair
- Mesh material. For gamers who tend to get warm during their playing sessions, the mesh material on the Best Massage Ergonomic Mid-Back Task Chair will keep them extremely cool.
- Adjustable arm rests. The adjustable arm rests on this chair allow you to change up your arm positioning for better comfort.
- Not very durable. According to some reviewers, the Best Massage Ergonomic Mid-Back Task Chair is not very durable and long-lasting.
The Best Massage Ergonomic Mid-Back Task Chair is the ideal chair for gaming comfort. The chair features a seat and backing made from high-density sponge cushion; and its middle-back design offers the best in lumbar support. The chair is made from a breathable mesh material and comes with all the necessary hardware and tools for easy setup and installation. A secure wheelbase allows you to roll the chair from place to place, and the rocking and swiveling functions enable you to find the most comfortable gaming positions.
Gaming Chair Buying Guide
If you are in the market for a gaming chair, there are many factors and features you must consider in order to make the most educated purchasing decision possible. To help you do this, below we have covered some of these considerations in some detail.
Types of Gaming Chairs
The first thing you need to decide on is the type of gaming chair you require or prefer. These days, in this very specialized market, there are several different types of gaming chairs, each with their own styles, functions, and some can link to your headsets for gaming. Here are just some of the gaming chair types currently on the market today.
Rocker Gaming Chairs
The rocker style gaming chair is used exclusively for console gaming. This type of chair sits directly on the floor and, as its name suggests, enables you to rock back and forth as you participate in your games. Rocker gaming chairs are definitely a leg up from more primitive styles of floor chairs, such as bean bag gaming chairs. Some of the best rocker chairs are also outfitted with audio equipment such as speakers in the headrest part of the chair. The biggest disadvantage to this type of gaming chair is that it will not allow you to swivel left and right.
Pedestal Gaming Chairs
The pedestal style chair is a type of chair that is a combination between the rocker and other wheel-based styles of chairs. These chairs are normally made for console gaming but in a pinch they can also be used at a desk for PC gaming. Pedestal style gaming chairs are typically a little pricier than rocker type chairs, but the extra cost may be worth it for those gamers who want to be off the ground a bit and stretch their legs.
Arm Chair-Style Gaming Chairs
If you are looking for a stationary style of gaming chair, the arm chair may be the perfect solution for you. Although you cannot rock, bounce or swivel in these types of chairs, they do tend to have many cool features, such as footrests and under-seat storage.
Wheelbase Gaming Chairs
Wheelbase gaming chairs are made exclusively for PC gaming, and offer the best in both mobility and comfort. With these chairs you can roll from place to place, rock, swivel and even spin around if you so desire. Some even lock in a reclining position for those instances when a nap is a must. Wheelbase chairs cover a wide variety of chair types, including those with race-car style seating, lumbar support, and plenty of extra bells and whistles.
Simulator Gaming Chairs
Simulator gaming chairs are very popular among race and flight simulator fans. On occasion, these chairs come as all-in-one packages, but in most cases, you will need to buy extras for these chairs, such as the racing wheels, flight joysticks and monitors. With simulator gaming chairs you are afforded plenty of options in terms of how you want to set up your work/play station.
Workstation Gaming Chairs
Last but not least on our list of gaming chair types is the workstation gaming chair. These highly sophisticated gaming chairs go by a number of names, including pods, workstations, and even futuristic robot chairs, but what they all have in common is that they are very cool and boast plenty of extras for the serious gamer. Among other nice features, the workstation gaming chair usually comes equipped with a monitor rack that lifts and lowers, massage features, lighting zones, and a handheld control panel to operate everything.
What to Look for in a Gaming Chair
When searching for a gaming chair you are bound to encounter thousands of potential options. So, with these many options on the market, how do you select the gaming chair that is right for you? In our opinion, picking the right gaming chair all comes down to two main factors (in addition to the type and style of the chair): ergonomics and material.
Ergonomics is one of the most important factors when picking out a gaming chair. Not only will a properly built gaming chair help to keep you comfortable, it should actually help to improve your posture. Many gamers can put in sessions that last hours on end, so you definitely want a chair that is ergonomically sound. A good gaming chair will provide lumbar support, arm support, and have several levers and controls to make various adjustments to the chair. This permits you to modify your chair to your proper height and body type. Of course, in order to find a chair that covers all of these functions, you will probably have to spend a bit more money, but if comfort and support are important to you, the extra cost will be well worth it in the long run. Here are just some of the functions and controls that make a good ergonomic chair.
- Height control. Most gaming chairs—as well as office chairs—will come with a height adjustment feature as a standard control.
- Armrest height control. Having your arms in the same position for hours on end can cause a lot of discomfort and even pain. Therefore, you should look for a chair whose arm rests can be adjusted to your proper height.
- Tension control. Tension control is a wonderful feature in a gaming chair. With tension control you can stiffen or slacken the tension level in the backrest. This affects the amount of pressure you need to apply in order to lean back in the chair.
- Backrest lock. Sometimes gaming chairs will also allow you to lock the backrest in a position that feels most comfortable, in addition to offering the tension control.
- Seat pan slider. A seat pan slider allows you to slide the seat of your chair forward or backward in relation to the backrest. This can come in handy during long gaming sessions.
What material should your new gaming chair be made from. Although you have many options, the two best types of materials are leather and mesh. As a gamer, you will want a chair that is a good match for your body temperature. Picking the wrong chair could mean sacrificing your comfort during long gaming sessions, which might also negatively impact your performance. If you tend to run hot during your gaming sessions, our recommendation is that you choose a mesh-style chair. Mesh is very breathable and will keep you cool. On the other hand, if you tend to get cold while gaming for hours, a leather chair is the perfect solution for keeping you warm and toasty