A good man cave is a space in which men can gather to watch sports, drink beer, play games and even practice for some sports, including golf. That is where the indoor putting green can come in very handy. If you want to improve your golf game, you need to be a good putter and an indoor putting green is a great way to train and improve your putting stroke.
If you would like to outfit your new man cave with a high-quality indoor putting surface you have come to the right place. Here we have reviewed several of the most popular and best-selling indoor putting greens on the market today, highlighting the many advantages and also a few of the drawbacks associated with each product. We have also included an Indoor Putting Green Buyer’s Guide, in which we will go over the various factors and characteristics that one should always look for when buying one of these fun practice mats.
Best Indoor Putting Green Reviews
1. ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat
- Removable slope generator. With the removable slope generator on the ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat you can simulate both uphill and downhill putts.
- Sturdy hole. The silicon hole on this putting green, along with the metal catch basket, make it very durable.
- Putt tracer. The putt tracer on the ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat provides real-time feedback on every putt.
- Setup can be difficult. According to some reviewers, the setup time for the ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat can be quite long.
There’s a lot to love about the ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat—an indoor putting green that brings real-world golf challenges to the comfort of your man cave, generating hours of recreational fun while helping you develop your putting skills. The metal cup in this putting green will reward you audibly each time you sink a shot, and the slope simulator will create situations that will ultimately allow you to better read the greens on your local course.
Users of the ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat can modify their experience thanks to the four different green speeds that can be easily adjusted to suit their preferences and skill level. The mat will help you control your distance, while the embedded putt tracer will give you instant, real-time feedback on every putt. There is also a stroke guide feature that provides you with a visual reference point each time you putt, helping you understand when you need to either accelerate or decelerate your club speed.
The ProAdvanced ProInfinity Putting Mat comes with a variety of equipment to make your putting practice challenging and engaging, including the 4-speed putting mat with ball tracing system, movable foam wedges to create obstacles, the Pro-free metal hole basket goal, a slope creator to simulate uphill and downhill putting, a handy ball backstop to prevent runaway shots, a ball trace eraser brush, and a full-color instruction and training manual with all the information on how to setup and use your new indoor putting green.
2. Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat
- Feels like a real putting green. The materials used to make the surface of Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat feel like real grass.
- Slight uphill elevation. Instead of a flat or “ramped” mat, this indoor putting green provides a slight elevation to allow for more flowing shots.
- Deep holes. The deep-set holes on Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat ensure that a made putt stays in the cup.
- May not work well on tall carpet. Because of the slight uphill elevation and backing, Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat may not work very well on tall carpet.
Golfers seeking to perfect their putting stroke and technique would be wise to check out Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat. Specifically designed to help improve your short game, this indoor putting green will help you advance your putting skills in a number of areas, including tempo, back swing and follow-though, and will help you learn to control both your distance and speed.
Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat has three different holes at which to aim, allowing you to master your short game from different angles and distances. Very portable, the indoor mat can be set up anywhere you wish, from the garage to your man cave to your office, and is ready to use in seconds. Unlike some other indoor putting greens on the market today, greens that are flat and rather one-dimensional, Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat provides a slight uphill elevation that feels very natural and realistic. Additionally, its deep-set holes enable you to practice hitting the ball firmly without worrying that it will bounce out of the cup and off the mat.
Shaun Webb’s Premium Golf Putting Green & Indoor Mat is suitable for beginners just starting out and seasoned professionals looking to hone and master their short game. Its shape and surface feel like the genuine article, and at 9 feet by 3 feet at its largest part it is considerably larger than other putting greens.
3. SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return
- Alignment guides. The alignment guides on the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return help you create better distance control and thus greater accuracy.
- Ball return. The continuous ball return eliminates the need for you to chase down your ball after every putt, allowing you to focus exclusively on your swing and tempo.
- One-dimensional. Aside from the removable slope directly preceding the hole, the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return is rather flat and one dimensional.
- Small. Compared to some of the other popular indoor putting greens, this one is a bit small and narrow.
A superb practice mat, the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return enables you to advance your skills on putts of key lengths on a true-roll surface. The green offers precise alignment guides at three, five and seven feet to assist in every aspect of your putting motion, helping you to better control both speed and accuracy. The indoor putting mat is designed with a slight upslope at the cup to emulate conditions found on real golf courses; and the handy ball return means you can train without interruption whenever and wherever you please.
The alignment and distance control guides on the SKLZ Accelerator Pro Indoor Putting Green with Ball Return will help to promote consistency in every aspect of your game and your putting motion, from squaring off the face of the club with the ball to your back swing to your follow through. The ultimate rewards are putts with greater accuracy and a golfer with a better feel for distance control. Moreover, the continuous ball return will enable you to bolster your training and hit more putts in a shorter period of time. And because you can putt without interruption and constantly replacing your ball, you’ll be better able to focus on your swing and the tempo of your putts, making each practice session more efficient, effective and rewarding.
4. Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green
- Large. At 11 feet by 3 feet, the Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green is one of the largest practice mats of its kind available in today’s market.
- Non-slip. The non-slip surface of this putting green will prevent it from sliding underneath as you use it.
- Great shape. The kidney-shaped design of the Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green better replicates regulation greens you would see on a genuine golf course.
- Shallow cups. Because both the cups and the integrated sand traps are very shallow in nature, hard hit putts may have a tendency to bounce out and off of the mat.
- Flat. Because the Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green is relatively flat, golfers will not be able to practice uphill or downhill putts on this mat.
The Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green is a very natural-feeling indoor putting mat, largely because of how it is designed and constructed. The green is made from a premium fiber which is designed not to crease when folding. Its underside is constructed with a PET non-slip resin to prevent it from sliding, and it also has a foam strip where the holes are situated that creates a slight incline, thus recreating the conditions on a natural golf course green.
The Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green is a kidney-shaped green with three built-in holes at which to shoot, allowing you to test your luck from three different angles and distances to greatly improve your pace and tempo. The integrated sand trap cutouts are designed to catch missed shots, preventing them from rolling off the green. As for size, the mat measures 11 feet in length by 3 feet in width, giving golfers of all ability levels the opportunity to practice putts at various angles from up to 10 feet away.
The highly portable Putt-A-Bout Par Three Putting Green can be placed down on most any surface in your home or office and still offer the same quality practice time on each. It comes with two removable putting cups and slopes, all of which will help to greatly improve your accuracy and distance control. The cups offer training opportunities for putts of different speeds, and assist you in judging just how hard or soft to hit the ball.
5. Big Moss the Augusta Putting Green
- Convenient size. At 4 feet by 12 feet Big Moss the Augusta Putting Green is large enough to practice long putts and small enough to fit nicely into your man cave.
- Versatile. This putting package allows you to practice both your chips and putts for a well-rounded short game and lower scores on the course. This is the best indoor putting green if you also want to practice chipping.
- Portable. Big Moss the Augusta Putting Green is highly portable and easy to take with you, allowing you to practice your short game wherever and whenever you please.Great Backstop. The great backstop with Velcro makes ball retrieval super easy and fast.
- Premium priced. Given the high-quality nature of this putting system it is very premium priced and thus might be outside of the price range of those who are budget conscious.
One of the more traditional-style putting greens on our list, Big Moss the Augusta Putting Green offers unparalleled versatility, giving golfers the unique opportunity to practice all year round. It can also be used as a great learning/teaching aid. Measuring 4 feet by 12 feet, the conveniently sized green comes with many unique features and extras. Some of these features include a backstop with a convenient Velcro attachment, a pair of limited flight chipping balls for practicing your short game around the green, a chipping matt, break snake and an informative instruction manual that takes you through the setup and gives you a wealth of ideas on how to use your new putting green.
If 4 feet by 12 feet is too big, don’t worry. The Big Moss also comes in a great 9 foot version for smaller areas.
Big Moss the Augusta Putting Green is a top-of-the line putting system that can also be used for chipping. It’s in-between size makes it the perfect addition to any man cave. It is large enough for you to practice long putts with breaks and small enough not to occupy all the floor space in your room. All Big Moss putting Greens are made by hand in the U.S. using proprietary materials and manufacturing processes. The putting surface of the turf always remains wrinkle free and provides a smooth true roll down grain just like natural green grass. The turf is also much thicker and denser than some of the other lower-priced putting greens currently on the market.
6. Tour Links Putting Training Aid
- All-weather construction. With its all-weather construction the Tour Links Putting Training Aid can resist all types of weather conditions.
- Realistic feel. With its contours and adjustable panels this artificial putting green will leave you feeling as if you are putting on genuine grass.
- Looks great. Not only will the Tour Links Putting Training Aid help to improve your putting game, it will also look wonderful in your man cave.
- No ball return. Because there is no ball-return on this unit, it is not as convenient as some other models.
- Fairly larger. Larger than most other indoor putting greens, the Tour Links Putting Training Aid will take up a lot of space in your man cave, although there are smaller versions.
- No chipping. This unit is set up for putting only, and no chipping.
The Tour Links Putting Training Aid has an all-weather construction and comes with many unique features and characteristics. These include a five panel design; putting and footstool turf; a cup with pin flag; a string guide; a stroke groover block; a cup reducing ring for really zeroing in on your putts; contoured mats that are durable; head alignment guide for mastering your line; a ball marking tool and marker.
The Tour Links Putting Training Aid boasts an easy do-it-yourself installation that is simple and fast. The system is very portable and easy to move from place to place. Due to its contoured construction, golfers like you will feel as if they are putting on actual grass, complete with breaks that will challenge your game.
All of the accessories included with this system promise to help you establish the proper stance, alignment and club path for accurate and consistent putting every time. Due to its portable nature you can set up the system in your man cave, garage or office. And if for some reason the putting surface gets wet? Don’t worry. The water resistant turf, cup and paneling are all designed to withstand even the most problematic climatic elements.
With adjustable contours, the Tour Links Putting Training Aid allows you to create a variety of break combinations just by adjusting the two adjustable contours to mimic the tough greens at your favorite course. The putting green boats a patented technology that simulates tour speed turf, leaving you to feel as if each putt is just as challenging as the last.
7. The StarPro Greens Putting Green
- Great construction. Made from tough nylon turf and an intelligent construction the StarPro Greens Travel Bag 3×10 or 4×12 Putting Green is 5 layers thick and very realistic.
- 5-cup playing surface. Golfers can challenge themselves or play against others with this 5-cup layout that is very challenging.
- Very portable. The StarPro Greens 3×10 or 4×12 Putting Green comes with a top-quality storage bag with zipped pockets for extra storage and roller wheels for easy portability.
- Density. Although the putting green has 5 nylon layers, it might be too thin for your taste especially if you prefer denser greens.
- Not exactly outdoor suited. The StarPro Greens Putting Green is best used indoors.
The StarPro Greens 3×10 or 4×12 Putting Green comes with a travel bag and is cut from the company’s Master Putting Turf (MPT)—the best putting turf in the world. Measuring 3 feet by 10 feet or 4 feet by 12 feet it is very conveniently sized and fits nicely into any size man cave. Best of all, it feels just like real grass and gives you a realistic feel when you putt. The MPT turf is engineered for putting realism. It rolls out flat and putts at true country club speed, is non-directional and has superior ball roll out. Durable and made to last, (the putting green comes with a limited 8 year warranty), the putting green bridges subsurface irregularities in your man cave for easy installation. The color looks ultra natural both indoors and in your garage, in every season of the year.
Kidney shaped to maximize the putting area, the StarPro Greens Travel Bag Putting Green looks fantastic in any room. The 5-hole cup placement optimizes circulation and provides for long and challenging putts from anywhere on the green. It has no folds, no silly ramps, no sponges, and no wood, foam or plastic platforms to trip over. The green comes included with the StarPro ball—a ball that is exceedingly accurate and center-hole focused for crisp shots and a great roll.
The StarPro Greens Putting Green is made from UV stabilized filaments that make it durable to indoor wear and tear. The putting green is built in a way that bridges the irregularities allowing you to create appropriate and very challenging breaks.
Indoor Putting Green Buying Guide
When you’re looking for a brand new putting green, there are several factors and characteristics of which you should be aware. These will help you make the most informed purchasing decision possible when searching for the best indoor putting green. Here we have shared some of those considerations to help you with your purchase.
When looking for an indoor putting green for your man cave you must consider the size of the latter before leaping in and making a purchase. You want a putting green that fits nicely within your man cave and gives you plenty of room to practice your game. However, you do not want the putting green to completely take over your room space either.
You definitely want to pick an indoor putting green whose turf is as close to real grass as possible, thereby giving you a realistic feel when practicing your game. The product you select should imitate the natural golfing surface as much as possible—its conditions in terms of smoothness and roll speed. You will find there are many different styles of turfs on the market. The key is to make certain the turf you choose is smooth enough to allow the golf ball to roll straight without any hindrance.
High-quality indoor putting greens can be very heavy. Thus, you should look for one that comes complete with a handy storage bag with zippered compartments. Some even come with roller-blade style wheels to make transporting the green easier and faster.
Last but not least is the durability of your putting system. Perhaps the best indication regarding the durability of an indoor putting green is the warranty offered by the manufacturer. These warranties range from one year to ten years, with the latter of these turfs usually offering much more durability than the former.
The above shoul dhelp you in your search for a top indoor putting green. If you also want to improve your golf swing or simply practice at home, a golf simulator projector and home golf simulator is also worth considering.
Leave a Reply