Do you want a new Shuffleboard Table but don’t know which type to choose? Do you know what size table you require? Our shuffleboard table reviews will provide you with a list of the best shuffleboard tables we can find based on budget, quality and size. So whether you are new to the game or the local champion, we can help you find a table that’s right for you.
Before rushing out to purchase your table you need to ensure you have adequate room. The official table size is 22ft long by 20 inches wide. You will also require 2ft to 3 ft at either end to push the weights. Now not everybody is lucky enough to have the space to fit a full size table in their man cave games room. Luckily for us, there are a variety of table sizes so we can enjoy this great game at home. Unless you are buying a portable tabletop shuffleboard, decent tables start at 9ft. Below are a number of different sized shuffleboard table reviews for you to consider.
Table of Contents
Best Shuffleboard Table for The Money
Now obviously this is subjective, but this is my point of view based on my research and is aimed at people with a limited amount of budget but still wanting a quality table. There are several brands that could fit into this category but for me, the best ‘value’ shuffleboard table brand is Playcraft and my favourite playcraft model is the Woodbridge
Playcraft Shuffleboard Table Reviews
Out of all the tables within the budget / entry-level price range, the Playcraft Woodbridge Shuffleboard Table is one of our favorites. The table comes with four-color options depending on your taste. There is Cherry, Espresso, Honey Oak and my favourite – Black. So depending on your games room style, you can have a classic wood or the more contemporary black finish.
- Multiple finishes to suit any games room decor.
- Looks extremely stylish compared to other options in this price bracket.
- You have a choice of sizes: – 9ft (2 legs), 12ft (2 legs), 14ft (3 legs) and 16ft (3 legs) options.
- Playcraft is a very well-known brand with a great reputation.
- The price is very good value for an easy to play, well-built table – some of the pro tables can exceed 5 figures.
- Adjustable legs for uneven surfaces – perfect for ensuring a level table and smooth puck delivery.
- Scoring system at each end of the table.
- Has climate adjusters for humid or cold locations.
- It comes with carpeted walls and gutter system.
- Handy storage area for the playing accessories and cleaning materials.
- Solid wood block finished with 10 (yes 10) coats of polyurethane for excellent shuffling.
Points to Consider
- Some customers state the wax can make the weights travel to fast so depending on your skill level, you may want to test a few different wax products or salt.
- This table will require more than one person to lift and assemble
Where to buy the Playcraft Woodbridge – Click to View on Amazon
Playcraft also make other tables and a range of accessories. This includes a great bowling pack enabling you to turn your shuffleboard into a mini bowling alley.
Where to see the full Playcraft Range – Click to View on Amazon
Professional Shuffleboard Tables
There are a number of fantastic pro shuffleboard makers, but in my opinion the company that stands out is Venture. They offer truly outstanding tables
The design and quality options on offer means there is a table to fit any design requirements and they will look at home in any games room, man cave, office or bar. These tables are used by professionals in professional tournaments.
- Professional standard tables used by pros and tournaments.
- Each table is hand crafted by expert craftsman.
- The Block edges are truly 90 degrees. Many tables will have a slight bevelled or curved edge making it harder for the puck to hang on the edge.
- This will feel as it good as it gets when playing on Venture table.
- 3 inch thick playing surface.
- Kiln dried hard rock maple boards.
- 9ft all the way to 22ft pro size options.
- Can provide custom design options.
Points to Consider
- The only point to consider is the cost compared to the budget tables. However it’s not a fair comparison based on the materials used and craftsmanship of the Venture range. You will receive a top, top quality product that is hand-made, looks fantastic and will play like a dream. A bargain really.
If you have the budget and space available, the Venture range of shuffleboard tables could be for you.
Where to buy the Hudson Range – See the Venture Shuffleboard Range on Amazon
Shuffleboard Table Buying Guide
Before buying your new shuffleboard table there are a few things you need to consider.
Shuffleboard Table Size For The Space Available
Tables can come in a variety of sizes ranging from 9ft to 22ft long and 2ft wide. The one you purchase will need to fit in the space you have available. You will need to ensure you have enough room or clearance at either end on the table and on both sides. A good rule of thumb is to have a minimum space of 2ft around the table. For example, if you purchased a 12ft x 2ft table, you would need a space that was 16ft wide and at least 6ft of depth.
Like with many things in life, the more costly pro tables tend to have the better playing surfaces. The table block on the pro sized tables will be 3 inches deep and made of maple with a polymer finish. However you can still get an excellent feel and really enjoy the game on a smaller, well made 9 to 14 ft budget table like the Playcraft Woodbridge above which comes with 1 3/4 thickness block.
Many of the medium to high-end budget tables will come with climate adjusters. Because the tables are made of natural products, over time they slightly warp depending on the climate where they are positioned. Climate adjusters are attached under the table and can be adjusted to stop the ‘block’ warping if the table is subject to high and low temperatures.
The 9ft to 14ft tables are great for family fun nights and having friends over – players with a mixed ranged of ability. If you are a serious player and want to take your shuffleboard skills to the pro leagues then you may want to consider the larger more expensive tables (if you have the budget and space available). Personally, the 9ft to 14ft tables are perfect for my game table needs.
Shuffleboard Tables can be very reasonable (a few hundred dollars) or very expensive (5 figures). The price you pay will be based on a number of factors, such as materials used to build the table, the table playing surface, how it looks, the size of the table and many other factors. If space and money is not an issue then go for one of the pro brands such as the Venture. If space and budget is a concern then you won’t go far wrong with a Playcraft Shuffleboard Table.