Are you looking for a comfortable and durable recliner to truly complete the design and functionality of your man cave? Do you know about the many features and factors you will need to consider in order to purchase the best man cave recliner for your requirements.? If not, the following article may help to shed some light on the subject. Here we have reviewed several of the most popular and hottest-selling recliners on the market today—recliners that are ideal for man caves—and highlighted the many pros and cons associated with each chair. We have also compiled a Man Cave Recliner Buying Guide; in which we will list and explain the many things you should look for when making a purchase of this kind.
Ultimate Man Cave Recliner Reviews
1. Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner
- Independent footrest. The independent footrest reclines separately from the rest of the Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner, allowing for a greater number of comfortable positions.
- Easy assembly. When you purchase this amazing recliner, it comes with all the hardware you need to get the job done, as well as easy-to-follow instructions for fast, spot-on assembly.
- Great warranty. With a full no-questions-asked five-year warranty, the Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner is a chair you can trust to be durable and incredibly long-lasting.
- Very wide. Some reviewers and users found that the seat on the Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner was too wide for their liking.
- Initially firm. Those who prefer a very soft and cushiony recliner right out of the box may find that the Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner is a bit too firm initially. Bold. Text text text
If you are in the market for a true man cave recliner, one in which style and functionality effortlessly blend together to create the whole package, you simply cannot go wrong with the Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner. When using this luxurious chair, just the touch of a (separate) button will gently ease you back and elevate your legs to the perfect position for the ultimate in reclining ease.
Super comfortable, this Ashley recliner is designed to support every part of your body, thanks in large part to its high back design, thick cushions and faux leather upholstery that is gentle on the skin and very easy to clean. The steel-based frame makes the chair extremely sturdy and durable; and the saddle brown-colored upholstery makes the chair look both elegant and inviting.
The Ashley Furniture Signature Design Yandel Power Lift Recliner is a generously-sized chair measuring 35 inches by 42.5 inches by 20 inches, and the seat length is a full 69 inches when fully inclined. The chair comes with everything you need for rapid assembly, including the necessary hardware, tools and a full-color instruction manual. Best of all, it is made by the Ashely Company, one of the most respected names in furniture—a trusted source of these types of products for over 70 years.
2. Esright Massage Recliner Chair
- Comfortable. The Esright Massage Recliner Chair is well-padded for the best in comfort, with extra sponge in the back cushion and arm rests.
- Massage. The massage and vibrate functions on this chair help to melt the stresses of the day away.
- Versatile. With a 150-degree recline and a full 360-degree swivel function, the Esright Massage Recliner Chair is extremely versatile.
- Locked swivel. Unlike with other high-end recliners, the swivel feature on the Esright Massage Recliner Chair cannot be disabled—unless, of course, the chair is reclined.
- Difficult to lock. It can be difficult at times to lock the footrest into the optimal position, and unlock it when it’s time to get up.
The ideal chair for any man cave, the Esright Massage Recliner Chair will have you lounging in luxury after a hard day at work, and is the perfect throne for watching the big game with all your friends. The incredibly comfortable chair offers many features and functions that people love, including reclining, heating, massaging and vibrating functions, all at the touch of a button. Its feather soft and incredibly sturdy PU leather design makes it an “everyday” chair that can withstand intensive use, and both the back cushion and left and right armrests have added padding consisting of extra thick sponge material.
The Esright Massage Recliner Chair is very convenient and versatile, with 2 cup holders and 4 storage bags with which to lay your drinks, hold your favorite books and magazines and ensure you never again misplace the all-important TV remote. Connecting and chatting with all of your friends in the room is easy thanks to the 360-degree swivel function and the manually-controlled 150-degree recline. The chair comes complete with a handy remote control and power cord. With the remote control you’ll have access to the chair’s 5 control modes and the 2 massage intensity levels.
3. Homall Single Recliner Chair
- Easy to adjust. Thanks to its amazing construction and functionality, the Homall Single Recliner Chair is very easy to adjust into a variety of positions.
- High capacity. The Homall Single Recliner Chair is built so strong it can handle weights of up to 265 pounds.
- Upgraded footrest. The added padding on the footrest, and the strong steel base underneath, makes reclining in this chair an absolute treat.
- No rocking. Unfortunately, the Homall Single Recliner Chair does not have a rocking function.
- Initial smell. According to some reviewers, the recliner has an initial smell of plastic that fortunately wears off very shortly.
The Homall Single Recliner Chair is largely considered one of the best recliners on the market today. It is designed with only the finest PU leather, which is not only very easy to clean it also feels cool and comfortable on the skin, especially on those hot summer days.
This leather upholstery is covering a high-density foam that is much thicker than the industry standard—a foam with high permeability and a lot of resistance for the ultimate in softness. Your comfort will be exponentially increased thanks to the push-back recliner’s adjustable footrest, wider armrests with a curved shape and a larger-sized seat cushion and the thick recliner back.
The base of the footrest on the Homall Single Recliner Chair is made from a high-tensile steel frame with thick foam padding, making it incredibly durable, yet exceedingly comfy when you’re kicking back with friends. In terms of dimensions, the seat has a height of 17.7 inches and a spacious width of 22.1 inches. Its amazing construction allows it to handle a capacity of 265 pounds; and its striking black color makes it look incredibly modern and allows it to match up with the rest of your home/man cave décor.
Man Cave Recliner Buying Guide
When setting out to find the perfect recliner for your man cave, there are many features and functions you should consider before making a purchase. To help make this a bit easier for you, below we have covered just a few of these considerations to help you choose the best man cave recliner.
When we speak about the capacity of a recliner, we are actually speaking about the weight capacity or how much that recliner can hold and still be able to perform all of its intended functions. When it comes to recliners, you are likely to see a wide variety of capacities on the market, and some recliners may not be suitable for people of all sizes. Because of this, you will need to choose very wisely and consider all of the people that might be using this chair.
Weight is very important in a recliner. Of course, you want a chair that is going to be durable and long-lasting, and for that you will probably need one with a strong metal base and a steel-frame that supports the footrest. This extra metal, however, will likely make the more durable chair a bit heavier and bulkier than some of the less affordable chairs on the market. More weight is not necessarily a bad thing in a recliner, but if you are the type that moves residences often, likes to regularly move the furniture around or will have to carry the recliner up a flight or two of stairs, you may want to opt for one with a little less weight.
Durability is paramount in a recliner. Most likely, your new chair will become an “everyday” chair—a chair that you use consistently and for long periods of time. Because of this, it pays to do your homework and review the different options carefully. Reading customer reviews can shed a lot of light into a chair’s durability and longevity.
Comfort and Support
Not that we got the technical stuff out of the way, let’s talk about the two most important considerations in a reclining chair: comfort and support. If you are going to be spending money on a recliner for your man cave, you may as well dig a little deeper in your pocket to get a chair that is truly comfortable and supportive. Padded footrests, wide soft arm rests, high backs and lumbar back support are just some of the phrases you should look for when purchasing your new recliner.
Last but not least, let’s talk about some of the extra features you should look for in a man cave recliner. If you really want to complete the package, you may as well go with a chair that also massages you as you sit, heats up on those bitter cold nights, rocks and swivels, has cup holders, and boasts a power lift function to help exiting the chair a breeze. You may have to spend a bit more for these added functions, but if your comfort is important to you when watching the game on your cinema entertainment center, this will be money well spent. Of course, if you want to spend time watching the game with your buddies, you will need two recliners or home cinema seats.